Parents have to register for accident insurance during enrollment for an amount of 500 baht per annum. The insurance covers only accident on or off campus for a maximum amount of 10,000 baht.
To make a claim for the insurance, please get the claim form from the hospital (SIAM CITY INSURANCE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED) and contact the school thereafter.
The annual calendar is available on the HICK website and included in this handbook.
Assistance for Struggling Students
The best time to deal with academic problems is before they begin. Parents and students are encouraged to inform their teachers early if they have any information that might help teachers understand why the student may experience difficulty. Below are some ways teachers and parents can work together to provide support for struggling students:
- Accommodations and modifications: Teachers can make some adjustments to cope with physical problems such as eyesight, hearing or fine motor coordination.
- Staff conference: If a student is not succeeding, a conference in which student, teachers and parents analyze the problem and commit to specific actions can be very helpful. Parents can request a conference by contacting the teacher or administrator.
- Referral Process by Parent or Secondary Student:
- Step 1: When a parent suspects a typical learning need in their child, they should contact the classroom teacher to discuss specific concerns. Then the teacher, parent and student can agree on strategies to try.
- Step 2: If strategies implemented by the classroom teacher do not work, the parent may contact the principal to seek guidance.
If a parent has a complaint, the parent should first contact the respective class teacher. If the teacher fail to resolve the problem, the parent or teacher may then request appointment with the principal.
Invitations to private parties or events are not to be distributed at school unless all members of a grade or class receives the invitation.
Please do not use the school address and phone number for personal business including receiving faxes. Office staff will not be responsible for making any appointments or contacts which is not related to the school. The school does not provide personal mail or courier service.
Parking and Traffic
All parents must park their cars on the main road in front of the school when dropping off, picking up or contacting the office for the safety of the students. The parents are required to purchase a key card from the office for free entrance into the school campus.
Prayer is indispensable in the life of a Christian school. At HCIK we pray before meals and in the morning before the classes begins.
HCIK provides school supplies for our students. They do not need to bring their supplies to school. We will not be responsible for lost or broken supplies that are brought to school from home.
Picking up/ Late Pick up
The school runs from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm. Please pick up your child before 4:00 pm. If the child stays after 4:00 pm an additional late pick up fee will be levied (100 Baht / hour). If the child will be picked up by anyone other than the parents, please inform the office before the pick up time by calling or sending a note. (We will not release a child to anyone other than the parent/family member/nanny if not informed by you in advance.)
Medications must be given directly to the class teachers along with the method and dosage of the medication. (The school has paracetamol should your child get sick at school. We will not give any other medicine without your consent.) The school have a first aid kit for minor cuts/bruises.